About This Blog

The Blog is going to highlight my ups and downs as a new author. Here, we can discuss the process, as I write my next book and cry about the stumbling blocks along the way. I will share my projects and progress. Join me to talk about my headaches and hang-ups, and discuss the characters as well. Tell me you love it, tell me you hate it, it will only make me better and stay motivated. Enjoy!

Friday, April 12, 2013

Another fan. Another book!

I really want to thank those people and fans who have bought the book. I encourage you all to write HONEST reviews. No one likes criticism but we all need it. I remember I emailed my book to a coworker who used to work for the local paper. And she gave me criticism AFTER it was published. I was kinda frustrated but really had to let it go. It wasn't ANYTHING I WANTED TO HEAR! Before she left to take on a new job, she requested to purchase a book from me. So as a parting gift I gave her one, signed it, gave her a hug and moved on. Nice lady. A week later she emailed me that she really enjoyed reading the book. Through the email she just couldn't get into really reading and paying attention. Once she had a book in her hand, the reading experience changed and she loved it. I'm glad she changed her review. It was a relief. But even if she didn't it taught me a tough lesson on taking criticism, sucking it up and growing as an author! Not saying I will never feel annoyed with tough criticism but I still learned a lesson. Enjoy!
(Pics are of images sent to me or posted by purchasers)







No comments:

Post a Comment